Finding good Jeep dealers is essential if you wish to enjoy your Jeep for decades to come. The simple fact is that the quality of service offered at various dealers differs.
Some dealers offer exceptionally high customer and after-sales service. Others may not be so hospitable. In fact, often the quality of service may vary greatly at the same dealership at different times. Here are some tips on finding good dealers.
Ways to find good Jeep dealers:
- The best way to find good dealers is to go by the recommendation of trusted family and friends. Unless you have any personal experience with some Jeep dealers then ask a knowledgeable friend or acquaintance for references. Make sure you ask someone who knows what he or she is talking about and preferably owns a Jeep as well.
- Dealerships that retain their employees are generally a better bet than those where the employee turnover is high. In the former case, the mechanics are likely to have greater experience and can hence treat your rig better. Generally, you should look at dealers where the mechanics are at least five years old.
- Buying from a five star Jeep dealership is another way to get better service. Although it does not provide any guarantees to better service it does better the odds.
- Check out the facilities at the Jeep dealers. A dealer who focuses on the service department rather than the showroom or sales department is likely to provide good service. So look for a small showroom and a large work area at the facility.
- Ask if the dealer can handle your specific requirements especially if you drive an unusual rig like a diesel SUV. If not, go to someone else.
Finding good Jeep dealers is important since your dealer will be the support you need to keep your rig in top shape.