If you want to sell your Jeep, you have to think like a buyer. That is the #1 rule of sales and marketing – put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. Think about what all you would look at if you were buying a used Jeep. Make a list of what you would be looking for and then fix all those things in your rig.
Here are some things you definitely want to take care of if want to put your jeep up for sale.
- If you want to get a good price you have to polish it up a bit for prospective buyers. Put a wax job on the rig, vacuum the interiors, dust off the floor mats and wash out the tires. First impressions are often the last impression. If your buyer falls in love with the Jeep at first sight, he or she will probably be willing to pay a bit extra to have it.
- It is important to remember that buyers can get very picky. They will probably point out even the minutest of problems to get you to reduce the price. To see your Jeep at your price, take some time and get rid of minor problems even like a scratch or a burnt bulb.
- Adding a few accessories is a good tactic to sell your Jeep. A steering wheel lock or a vanity mirror on the visor will cost you little but increase the perceived value of your rig. Think of it as an investment to sell your Jeep.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Buyers will want to check how well your Jeep sits and tires that have been aired down or are running low on air can give the wrong impression.
- Be upfront about minor flaws in the rig. If you want to sell your Jeep, you have to be honest about its performance and the price you are asking for it. This is not to say that you have to make a detailed list of all the faults and pass it around. You simply need to be honest if asked a question directly.The most effective strategy to sell your Jeep is to research about the market price it is valued at. Dealers will generally cut you down at least 300 – 400 bucks. You want to do your own research to sell your Jeep at the best price. The rest as they say is all about luck!
One of the first places you should check out when you are looking to sell your jeep is the Jeep Classifieds
If your looking to buy yourself a new or used jeep, check out Jeeps for Sale